Just Looking Wanganui was opened in 1972 and has been at the leading edge of fashion retailing since. Just Looking is recognised nationally for its high standards of customer service and visual presentation.
In April 2016 the Wanganui store was purchased by long time employee, Deb Guthrie and her husband Tony. Both were born in Wanganui and have remained in Wanganui since.
In April 2018 the Palmerston store was purchased by Mel Walker and Deb Guthrie. Deb and Mel have worked together at Just Looking for over 15 years.
The following brief chronological history details the major milestones of the business:
• 1971 – Just Looking’s first store opened in New Plymouth.
• 1972 – Just Looking Wanganui opened.
• 1976 – Just Looking Taupo opened.
• 1986 – Just Looking Taupo sold.
• 1986 – Just Looking Palmerston North opened in Broadway Avenue.
• 1988 – Just Looking New Plymouth sold.
• 1995 – Just Looking Napier opened.
• 2004 – Just Looking Napier sold.
• 2009 – Just Looking Palmerston North relocated to 99 The Square.
• 2012 – Just Looking Palmerston North relocated to 9 Broadway Avenue.
• 2016 - Just Looking Wanganui Sold.
• 2016 - Just Looking Online is launched by the Wanganui Store.
• 2018 - Just Looking Palmerston North Sold.