Just Looking Wanganui was opened in 1972 and has been at the leading edge of fashion retailing since. Just Looking is recognised nationally for its high standards of customer service and visual presentation.
In April 2016 the Wanganui store was purchased by long time employee, Deborah Guthrie and her husband Tony. Both were born in Wanganui and have remained in Wanganui since.
Just Looking was opened in New Plymouth by Rob and Lynne Vinsen in 1971. Rob and Lynne moved to Wanganui in 1972 and opened a new branch there.
Rob and Lynne now operate the JUST LOOKING store in Palmerston North. JUST LOOKING New Plymouth was sold to Bronwyn and Kevin Patterson in 1988 and they operate the New Plymouth and Hawera JUST LOOKING stores. The JUST LOOKING Wanganui store was sold to Deborah and Tony Guthrie in 2016.
The following brief chronological history details the major milestones of the business:
• 1971 – Just Looking’s first store opened in New Plymouth.
• 1972 – Just Looking Wanganui opened.
• 1976 – Just Looking Taupo opened.
• 1986 – Just Looking Taupo sold.
• 1986 – Just Looking Palmerston North opened in Broadway Avenue.
• 1988 – Just Looking New Plymouth sold.
• 1995 – Just Looking Napier opened.
• 2004 – Just Looking Napier sold.
• 2009 – Just Looking Palmerston North relocated to 99 The Square.
• 2012 – Just Looking Palmerston North relocated to 9 Broadway Avenue.
• 2016 - Just Looking Wanganui Sold.
• 2016 - Just Looking Online is launched by the Wanganui Store.